Department: Institute of Public Policy and Administration (IPPA)
Reports to: Associate Director and Senior Research Fellow, IPPA
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: March 03, 2020 (open until filled)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The University of Central Asia seeks to fill in a full-time position at the Institute of Public Policy and Administration. In your role as a Research Assistant, you will be contributing to IPPA’s research and training projects in the area of economic and social studies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist IPPA project staff in its various functions, including project support, document drafting and research assistance;
- Collect and process qualitative and quantitative information related to the economic and social development of the Central Asian countries through desk research and relevant communications with national and international stakeholders;
- Draft research papers and reports as required;
- Update material on a regular basis for the University’s electronic library and databases;
- Assist IPPA staff with different logistical and organizational activities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BA or MA degree in the field of economics or public policy.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications and organizational software. Knowledge of statistical/other professional software would be an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communications skill particularly in dealing with people from different backgrounds on a day to day context.
- Responsive, good attention to details, organized, systematic.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian;
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Please send us an up-to-date resume including a list of published work (if applicable), together with at least three references and contacts who are able to attest to your teaching/research experience. Kindly email the requested documents with a cover letter by March 03, 2020. Please use: “IPPA Research Assistant” as the subject header.
For more information about IPPA please visit
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.